This is one of the pre-canned reports and it will be able to tell you what kind of increases or decreases occurs in your various database. This is valuable information to understand how the campaign is doing and whether they’re growing at the expected speed.
Data source alone are file upload or live data feed that supplies data that is displayed in eInsight CRM. It includes data from your PMS, property management system, web forms and loyalty programs.
How to Access Data Source Variance Report
- Navigate to eInsight > Reports > property
- On the report's home page, navigate to Team Content > All Reports > Database > Data Source Variance Report
- Property - Select the property you want to run the report for
- As Of Date - Select the date you want to compare to (the date furthest to the past)
- As of Date Comparison - Select the date you want to compare with (the most current date)
- Data Source Type - Select the data you would like to review
- Client - Data entered by a person at the hotel
- PMS - Data gathered from booking engine
- Web - Data gather from individual clicking on a subscription links provided in media ads
- Finish - Select finish once all prompts are selected.
Reading the Data
The first part in reading the data is to know what is included in this report.
- Total Guest Record - The current profiles in your database
- Null/Invalid Emails - The profiles without an email, or their email was not flagged a primary email
- Total Guest Records with Emails - All profiles with an email
- Total Guest Records with Valid Email - Profiles with a valid email (verified as working email)
- Unsubscribed - Individuals requesting to no longer receive email campaigns
- Bounced - Email campaigns that were not able to be delivered
- Unique Emails - Profiles with unique emails identifies there is no chance of duplicate profiles
Unsubscribed and bounced emails can have duplicate emails.
The second part in reading and interpreting the data in this report is to know the specific comparisons.
- As of Date (Oct 1, 2022) - is the furthest date in the past I selected
- Comparison Date (Nov 1, 2022) - is the most current date I wanted to compare with
- Net Change - The changes from As of Date to As of Date Comparison
- % Net Change - The changes in percentage
Finally, there is a total for each data source
This tells you about the total for each data source type. From the image below, you can see there is a number of data from the Client source and then it gives you a total (adding everything). PMS and Web only have one total, but if they had several listings, the total would be the grand total.
Example of Reading the Report
Looking at this data this is how it would be interpreted.
Client - On October 1st, there were 45,506 guest records. Then on November 1st, there were 45,511 guest records. A difference of 5 guest records from October to November. In terms of percentage change, it is 0%.
PMS - On October 1st, there were 150,910 guest records. Then on November 1st, there were 151,790 guest records. A difference in an increase of 880 guest records from October to November. There is a net change of 1%.
Web - On October 1st, there were 4 guest records. Then on November 1st, there were 4 guest records. There was no change from October to November, which is a 0% change.