The central digital library, known as the Images module, serves as the hub for uploading, storing, managing, and organizing all photos intended for website use.
For a description on how to add content to pages, including images, click here.
Within the CMS Dashboard, navigate to the Images module.
The Image Pool will display images that have already been uploaded. You can customize the sort order (the default setting prioritizes recently modified images) and leverage the search bar to refine the displayed images.
- To upload a new image, select the Upload button
- The Upload Images window will appear.
- Click Add files... to browse your computer for the images you want to upload.
- If using folders, you can select the folder to upload the images to.
- Once you have chosen the desired images from your computer, select Start Upload.
The Upload Image screen provides essential information regarding the acceptable file formats and size restrictions for image uploads. This includes minimum and maximum file sizes, image dimensions, and supported file extensions.
To edit an existing image, select the image from the image pool.
The Edit Image screen will appear, providing comprehensive information about the image and its usage, along with the ability to make necessary updates.
- Download link: Directly access the image file using this link.
- Size: Displays the file size of the image.
- Dimensions: Indicates the image's dimensions.
- Last Modified On: Provides the date and time of the last modification made to the image.
- Folder: If folders are being used, this section specifies the folder where the image resides.
- Property: In a multi-property CMS, this section identifies the property to which the image is uploaded.
- References: Lists the locations on the website where the image is currently in use. Please note that images cannot be deleted from the CMS if they are still being used. To remove an image, utilize the References section to find and replace its instances before deletion.
- Caption: This represents the image's ALT tag. Automatically generated captions are assigned to uploaded images using generative AI. The existing caption can be edited or a new one can be generated using the Caption with AI button.
- Name: This is the image's name. By default, it keeps the original filename when uploaded.
- Keywords: Adding relevant keywords facilitates easier image retrieval when searching within the CMS.
Image size recommendations are tailored to the website's design, with larger dimensions generally preferred for main images. Images that exceed the specified size limits cannot be uploaded to the Cendyn CMS. Images that fall below the minimum size requirements for a specific website section will not be available for use in that section.