Once you create your segmentation, you will create filters. In the segmentation section, scroll down to edit your filter section.
To add more filters, there are two options:
- Select +OR to add an alternative.
- Select +New Filter to add more requirements.
+OR | Include an alternative:
For example, if you want to capture contacts who live in Spain OR Portugal and your first filter is already set to Spain.
- Select +OR
- Set the category to Contact info and then set the other categories.
- Enter Portugal in the blank field.
+New Filter | Include an additional requirement:
For example, if you want to capture contacts who live in Spain AND also speak Spanish.
- Select +New Filter
- Set the category to Contact info
- Select Language in the second drop-down.
- Select Spanish in the third drop-down.
Things to keep in mind!
- It is normal that Email enable, and Segmentation audience are 2 different numbers.
- Email enable number is the exact live number of contacts who meet the segmentation criteria, and have email marketing enabled.
- Segmentation audience number is the exact live number of contacts who meet the segmentation criteria regardless of current email marketing channel active.
- Every time you update your segment with new +OR or +New Filter filters the total segment audience will automatically update
- When adding +OR filters your total audience segment will stay the same size or grow.
- When adding +New Filter filters your total audience will stay the same or shrink.
- When you have diverse sources of data, and one data point has variation, use +OR to include all of the variations.
- For example if the country is sometimes written as Spain but also appears as españa, Espanya, ES etc use the +OR to include all of the variations to encompass your entire audience who lives in Spain.