In the Campaigns > Manage view and elsewhere, your campaign's status lets you know where you are in the process of deploying your campaign.
- Draft: A campaign in progress that has not been submitted for testing.
- Testing: A campaign that's been submitted for testing but not yet sent for approval.
- Pending: A campaign sent for approval but has not yet been approved.
- Approved: A campaign that has been approved by an Authorized Approver (if so configured) and can be scheduled.
- Scheduled Active: A campaign with a send date and time entered and activated for sending. All scheduled campaigns appear on the eInsight Calendar.
- Scheduled Inactive: A campaign with a send date and time entered but sending is paused.
- Rejected: A campaign that has been rejected by a client manager or Cendyn.
- Sent: While Sent is not a status, campaigns appear in the Sent tab if their status is either Scheduled Active or Scheduled Inactive, and it has at least one "Send history" in the past.
Update a Campaign Status
On the Manage Campaigns page you can click the campaign statuses listed below to access an actionable pop-up that displays the current status details and allows you to change the campaign's progress:
- Testing: You can select Request Approval, which will update the status to Pending.
- Pending: If your eInsight CRM is configured for an Authorized Approver, the person in that role will see the option to approve or reject the campaign and does so by clicking the appropriate button. The status will then update to Approved or Rejected, accordingly.
If the Approver rejects the email, they are asked to add an explanation, which will be sent to the requester in an email.
If your eInsight CRM is not configured for an Authorized Approver, the Pending pop-up will not include the Approve and Reject buttons and appear like this:
- Approved: You can select Ready to Schedule which takes you to the Schedule tab. If you select Schedule and Complete there, the status will update to Scheduled Active.
- Scheduled Active: Take no action if the campaign is ready to go and scheduled to be sent as you wish. If not, you can select Edit which takes you to the Schedule tab where you can update the schedule and republish the campaign. (Saving any changes to the Audience or Template will delete the existing schedule.)
Or you can select Deactivate, which will pause sending of the campaign until you reschedule and republish it. Doing so will update the status to Scheduled Inactive.
- Scheduled Inactive: You can select Edit, which takes you to the Schedule tab where you can update the schedule and republish the campaign. (Saving any changes to the Audience or Template will delete the existing schedule.)
Or you can select Activate, which takes you to the Schedule tab where you can change the Active Status to Active and update the schedule. Doing so will update the status to Scheduled Active.