When you selected Create Campaign Journey on the Schedule tab of your Primary Campaign, a new Campaign Journey appeared in the Campaign Journey Builder with your Primary Campaign pre-populated. Now you are ready to build your journey.
Moving around the Builder: Your cursor appears as a hand. Click and drag the cursor on the white background to view different parts of your journey as needed. The hand will appear to grab the background as you reposition it.
Selecting an Item: When you hover your cursor over a campaign or action, it will appear as a hand pointing a finger. This indicates that you can click on the item to add an action to it or edit it. It also means you can click on actions to drag and drop them in a new location and/or shorten the branches between actions.
Select Undo to reverse the last change you made.
Name the Campaign Journey
Click Untitled Campaign Journey to provide a name for your journey. Edit the journey name at any time by clicking on it.
The Three Types of Actions
- Interactions: The next step in the journey and the result of actions or inactions of the preceding campaign's results.
- Send Campaign: Based on a user's action or inaction, a campaign is triggered to be sent.
- End Journey: Every branch of the journey must always lead to an end point.
Add an Action - Add Another Interaction
Select the Primary Campaign. Select Add Another Interaction from the first drop-down list and then select a choice from the second drop-down list.
Select an interaction from the drop-down list.
Types of Interactions
- Received: Recipient has received the previous campaign in this journey.
- Opened Email: Recipient has opened the previous campaign in this journey.
- Booked: Recipient has booked a room.
- Canceled: Recipient has canceled a previously booked reservation.
- Clicked Link: Recipient has clicked a link in a previous campaign in this journey.
For the Clicked Link interaction, select + Add Link to add a new link field. There, enter the exact link to be actioned upon or one of the search methodologies outlined below:
Use asterisks to search for the link:
- Add an asterisk before and after your search term to search for the term anywhere within the link.
- Add an asterisk only at the front of your search term to find any link that ends with your search term.
- Add an asterisk only at the end of your search term to find any link that begins with your search term. This is particularly useful if you are searching for a link with trailing parameters.
To search for more than one link, select + Add Link to add more link fields.
Results of Interactions: Yes/No
Every interaction automatically leads to both Yes and No. Yes means that the interaction occurred. No means that the interaction did not occur. The journey must lead to another action after every Yes and No.
Add an Action - Send Campaign
Select a campaign to send from the drop-down list under Which Campaign? The Primary Campaign will always be listed first in the drop-down list. Select it from the list to resend it at that point in the journey.
Select a value and a time frame from the drop-down list under When?
Add an Action - End this Journey
Every branch of the journey must always lead to an end point.
Select Add Action > End this Journey to insert an end point at the end of a branch.
Edit an Action
Hover your cursor over an interaction to get the hand with a pointed finger. Click on the Interaction icon. Click on the pencil icon that appears to the left of the Interaction icon to open the Edit Action window.
Make your changes in the Edit Action window and select Update to save and return to the journey.
Save and Close the Campaign Journey
When you are satisfied with the Journey, select Save. After successfully saving the Journey, select Cancel or the X in the top right corner to close the Journey. You will land on the Campaign Details page.
You may have to click and drag the cursor towards the bottom of the screen to view the Save button.