From time to time, requests submitted by guests are unavailable or unfulfillable and the concierge must either cancel the request or propose an alternative option to the guest. For example, due to a private party, the desired restaurant is unavailable at the requested time.
Option 1 – Email Icon
- On Requests tab, select the Email icon within the row of the request that cannot be fulfilled. An email form will appear at the top of the page with the subject line and guest’s first and last name auto-populated.
- In the email message text box, explain the unavailability of the original request and propose an alternative option.
- Provide the guest with reply instructions, such as, “You may reach the concierge at (555) 555-5555 or reply to this email.” Replies to the concierge are directed to the gatekeeper email address.
- Click Send Email.
Option 2 – Edit Link
- Select the Edit link (pencil icon) within the row of the request that cannot be fulfilled. The details of the selected guest request will appear at the top of the page and the selected guest request will appear highlighted below.
- Explain the unavailability of the original request and propose an alternative option in the Comments field or send an email to the guest.
- Enter the concierge's name in the Concierge Name field.
- Click Save No Confirm.
If the concierge cancels the request without providing an explanation, the guest may assume it was canceled in error and attempt to re-book the request at a later time.
- Cancel requests from the Edit link (pencil icon) and add a comment detailing the reason for the cancellation to avoid receiving multiple request attempts or any confusion at a later date.