You can add as many activities, services or items to each category as you need.
Log in to Property Admin
Log in at www.cendynadmin.com.
Select Content Updates
Select a Property
Select a property from the drop-down list.
Choose a Property Service
To view or edit a property service category, select it from the list on the left.
Select Add New to add a new activity, service or item to the category. A blank form will open in a new window.
Enter content in the form and select Submit.
Common Fields in Service Forms
Name: Enter a name for the activity, service or item that will appear in the Guest Portal. Names can be straightforward such as "Palm Beach Zoo," or more descriptive, such as "Kids Aquatic Camp" or "Chocolate Lovers."
Description: Enter a brief description of the activity, service or item.
Hours of Operation: If this activity, service or item is only available at certain times, enter that information here. It will appear under the name and above the description in the Guest Portal.
Property Images: If you have provided images to Cendyn that are specific to your property, you will see them when you select this button. (Contact your Cendyn Customer Experience Team for more information.) Select an image from this gallery to use it for the activity, service or item.
Stock Images: These are generic stock images. Select an image from this gallery to use it for the activity, service or item.
- Click on a number or Next/Last to navigate through the gallery pages.
- Click Cancel to cancel the selection and retain the previously chosen image.
Need Reservations: Check this box when reservations are accepted and the activity or service is bookable for guests. This box must be checked for the service to appear in a drop-down list and to enable the Enter Time link. Uncheck this box when reservations are not accepted and/or the service is listed for informational purposes only.
Seasonal: Check this box to enable seasonal date parameters which dictate when the service is active or inactive.
- Starting Date and Ending Date fields appear when the Seasonal box is checked.
- The service will only be active and appear in the Guest Portal from the Starting Date until the Ending Date.
- At other times, the service will be inactive and not appear in the Guest Portal.
- Enter dates manually or click the calendar icon to open a pop-up calendar to select dates.
- Use seasonal dates for activities that are weather dependent such as water activities in the spring and summer, or snowboarding in the winter.
- Enter Golf rates as two separate entries to distinguish between season and non-season dates and corresponding rates.
18 Holes, Oct – April, $120.00
18 Holes, May – Sept, $80.00
Sort Order: This is the order in which the activity, service or item will appear within the category. The default value is zero. Lower numbers appear first in the Guest Portal.
Active: This box should be checked unless the activity, service or item is currently unavailable and should be hidden from the Guest Portal.
Special Fields in Service Forms
A few service categories have fields that only pertain to that category. Here are some examples:
- OT RestaurantID is used for the Dining category. If applicable, enter your Open Table restaurant ID in this field to enable integration with Open Table, the third party service provider.
- Par and Yardage is used for the Golf category. Enter the par and yardage information for each golf course to display it in the Guest Portal.
Some service category forms such as Convenience, Housekeeping, In-Room Amenities, Maintenance, Pillow Menu, Pre-Arrival Room Requests and Room Requests include a field for a price and a checkbox asking if the price should be displayed. If the price is static and should be displayed in the Guest Portal, enter it in the price field and check the box.
This is how it might appear in the Guest Portal:
If the price varies based on timing or other factors, see Enter Price for more information.
Be sure to select Save at the bottom of the form anytime you make any changes.