The Group Evaluator tool, which is found on the Analysis tab, combines group booking information with guestrev Web data to provide an analysis of the group’s profitability and displacement potential. As you enter data, the grids dynamically react to reveal the net value of your prospective offer.
Navigate to the Group Evaluator Tab
Select Analysis > Group Evaluator from the main navigation.
The parameters you enter for the Arrival Date, Nights, 1 Free Per Room, Ancillary Revenue, Rooms Requested, Room Rate and Non-Room Value dynamically alter your results in the Group Evaluator.
Enter the date of arrival.
Enter the number of nights for the proposed group stay. The number entered will dictate how many stay dates will appear in the Stay Date column.
1 Free Per Room
Enter every "N" rooms for which a free room is earned.
Select Edit to open the Edit Ancillary Revenue view.
Select Add to create a new ancillary revenue source.
Enter a name and margin for the new ancillary revenue source. Select Add.
Click into the Revenue $ field to enter the estimated revenue for the source.
Select the Delete icon or the Edit icon within the row of the desired Ancillary Revenue source to delete or update it. Select Add to add another new ancillary revenue source or Done to exit back to the Group Evaluator. The total calculated ancillary revenue now appears in the Ancillary Revenue field.
Enter the number of rooms requested by the prospective group in the Rooms Requested column for each Stay Date and appropriate Room Category.
Overestimating the number of rooms requested is not in the group's best interest.
The number of rooms requested cannot exceed the number of available rooms. If it does, the figure entered in the Rooms Requested column will appear in red and the Net Value will not be calculated.
Room Rate $
Enter per night rates to offer the prospective group that make the Net Value a positive number.
Non-room Value $
Enter realistic anticipated gaming revenue per room.
- Stay Date: Date of stay.
- Room Category: Grouping of Room Types; one of the four attributes used for defining the Revenue Management Product.
- Rooms Available: The actual capacity minus out of service minus manager held minus rooms sold.
- Break Even: Minimum room rate you can charge to break even if there's no other revenue (e.g., gaming, ancillary).
- Break Even w/ Revenue: Minimum room rate you can charge to break even given there is other revenue (e.g., gaming, ancillary).
- Ancillary Revenue $: The ancillary revenue spread evenly over stay days.
- Total Value $: Total value of group per day.
- Displacement Cost $: Cost in transient displacement per day.
- Net Value $: Net value of group per day. If this is negative, the group deal would provide less value than leaving the rooms available for transient sales.
Red net values represent losing propositions.
Filter by Date Buttons
Select a single date to only view the results of that date or select All to view all dates.
Alternate Arrival Dates
Select Alternate Arrival Dates to open a calendar view of the month.
The Net Value for each day of the month based on the parameters you selected appears.
Select All to exit the Alternate Arrival Dates view.
Sort by Column
Click the arrow at the top of any column to sort the table by that field.
Adjust Column Width
Place the cursor between two columns until it changes into an arrow with two heads. Double click to adjust the column with to fit the data within the column (not the column header). Or, click and drag the column to your preferred width.