October 29, 2020
rainmaker® | An RMS built to optimize profit for every segment of your transient and group business
In today’s market especially, hotels are fighting to sell every room at the highest price possible, but no matter the situation, hoteliers need to be able to forecast accurately, price with certainty and make quick, agile decisions. Synchronize is the latest rainmaker RMS feature designed to provide current reservation data and foresight to monitor and optimize every segment of your business throughout the day.
With Synchronize intraday PMS refresh, you can now update the actual on-the-books data from your PMS throughout the day, at a predefined frequency. For example, if your frequency is set for 4 hours (the default setting), your PMS data will refresh starting 4 hours after the nightly optimization cycle completes. So, if your cycle completes at 4:50 am, your first refresh will occur at 8:50 am.
To change your refresh frequency, contact support at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 (470) 705-2714.
How to re-optimize your PMS data
Create on-demand, data-guided decisions throughout the day by continually re-optimizing your PMS data in rainmaker. Running a re-optimization will deliver an updated forecast and new recommended pricing based on the last update of your PMS refresh.
- Select the Optimize icon in the upper-right corner of the Day View Page in your rainmaker dashboard.
- Click Continue in the confirmation message that appears.
- You are now temporarily locked out of the property and automatically signed-out of guestrev. Once the optimization is complete (usually within about 10 minutes), sign back in to review your updated forecasts and pricing recommendations.
Running a re-optimization will create a new forecast and generate new recommended pricing for the next 7 stay dates. However, this timeframe is configurable on the company level. Please contact support email@example.com or +1 (470) 705-2714 for more information.
Properties with Synchronize intraday PMS refresh enabled will see new metrics available on the metrics calendar:
- Intraday Group ADR: Average daily rate from group bookings since the last update.
- Intraday Group Pickup: The number of rooms picked up from group bookings since the last update.
- Intraday Total ADR: Average daily rate from transient and group bookings combined since the last update.
- Intraday Total Pickup: Total number of rooms picked up since the last update.
- Intraday Transient ADR: Average daily rate from transient bookings since the last update.
- Intraday Transient Pickup: The number of rooms picked up from transient bookings since the last update.
You can find these new metrics on the Calendar under Intraday.
- A Synchronize intraday PMS refresh updates all guestrev actuals/OTB data except for Reports. Reports are updated only after an optimization cycle is run.
- Supported Property Management Systems include Opera, Maestro, HTNG (LMS, StayNTouch, HMS), and IQPMS. V1 and SMS have limited support and can only be updated a few times a day. WebRezPro and Protel are coming soon. Legacy LMS customers are not supported at this time.
Updated vs Last Optimization dates
Properties with Synchronize intraday PMS refresh enabled can view the time and date of the latest refresh in the upper left corner of any page. Hover over the Updated date and time to see when the last optimization occurred. The Updated date and time reflect when the last PMS data refresh occurred while the Last Optimization date and time reflects when the last optimization cycle was run.
Practical use cases for Synchronize
Use case feature #1
A large event being hosted in your city is suddenly cancelled. When your PMS data in rainmaker is updated via a prescheduled Synchronize intraday refresh, you notice an unusual amount of cancellations for those specific dates. You trigger a Synchronize intraday optimization so rainmaker can provide updated pricing recommendations on those dates, allowing you to optimize your room rates relative to the fluctuating demand.
Use case feature #2:
Your group rooms controller uploads a rooming list that is more than double the original group block. Your intraday refresh has already updated the information in rainmaker and now you want to see how that rooming list has impacted your total remaining yieldable capacity and determine if you need to run an intraday optimization cycle with updated pricing recommendations.
Please contact support at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 (470) 705-2714 if you have any questions.