Each quote request has three information tabs, Blended Rates, Rates by Stay Date and Alternate Dates. This session outlines those tabs, what each tab brings to the group quote process and offers guidance on how to interpret them. This session is interactive and includes knowledge checks to assist with learning.
Blended Rate Tab
This is the default display when “Get Quote” is pressed.
This tab displays three rate recommendations and a BAR reference rate. The Floor, Optimal and Ceiling rates give a range of rate recommendations to use for the group rate quote. Note: Rates displayed are a blended average over the entire length of stay.
- BAR: Displays the lowest unrestricted rate from the brand or GDS channel
- Floor/Ceiling: the lowest and highest rates for the group. Historically, very few groups were booked outside of this range.
- Optimal: gives you the highest chance of winning the group at the highest revenue amount.
To print a Quote Summary you can click the printer icon on the right side of the screen from the three tabs.
Additionally, there are three additional information tabs on the bottom of the Blended Rate tab, they are Group Size and Metrics, Pace Metrics, Non-Room Revenue. The additional information here assists with determining what rate to quote for the group.
- Group Size and Metrics: provides an overview of the metrics that impact the group quote including group size and inventory, Transient Displacement, Non-Room Profit, F&B Minimum PGRN (Per Group Room Night/configured by the property) and more. Group displacement is calculated through guestrev data or with the PM System Data feed.
- Pace Metrics: shows a comparison for what is on the books for the stay dates as compared to the historical average pace for the month.
- Non-Room Revenue: Shares a profit summary of the group. These categories and the profit margins are configurable by the property.
Rates by Stay Date Tab
Rates are displayed in a calendar view by Stay Date instead of as a blended average stay rate. You see the BAR, Floor, Ceiling and Optimal rates for teach day. This tab also has a button to see more information, simply click “More Info.”
Alternate Dates Tab
This tab is a calendar showing 4 weeks before and 4 weeks after the group’s current arrival date. To see a legend of the icons on the Alternate Dates Calendar, select the blue “I” on the top right corner of the calendar.
The font color also changes for each date reflecting information on the quote for that date.
- Green Rate: The group rate for this date is lower than the current arrival date, a possible option should the group contact push back on the rate quote.
- Purple Rate: This is the bear minimum rate you would want for the group, this is the Break Even rate.
By clicking on a specific date in the Alternate Dates Calendar, you will see Group Metrics including:
- Days to Arrival
- Total Rooms
- Transient Displacement
- Group Revenue (Optimal)
Would you like to continue diving into Grouprev? Check out our learning series below.