Are your confirmation emails displaying room types instead of room descriptions? Are you adding breakfast to one of your Rate Types? Edit your property data to ensure the most up-to-date information is being shared with your guest. You can also add individual or multiple descriptions to a number of fields such as Source of Business, Rate Type, and VIP Code to use as personalization tags in transactional emails.
By default, Cendyn pulls in field values such as "DLXKG." However, you can add a title such as "Deluxe King" to the data field so that is pulled instead. This ensures less confusion when guests see "Deluxe King" rather than "DLXKG" in their transactional (confirmation, change, or cancel) emails. Read on to learn how to update data fields.
Access the Property Data Tab
1. Select the circle icon containing the first initial of your name in the upper right corner to view a drop-down list.
2. Select Admin from the drop-down list.
3. Select Property Data from the All Tabs drop-down list.
Edit Property Data
1. Choose the desired field from the FieldName drop-down list.
2. Select Edit to update the data in these fields: FieldValue, Title, Description, Description Option 2 or Description Option 3. This is also where entries can be deleted.
Update the content as needed.
Line breaks can be applied by adding <br/>.
Once updates are complete select Submit.
Edits made will now appear in the overview.
Add Property Data - One at a Time
1. From the FieldName drop-down list, select the field that you want to add an option to. Then select Add Property Data Item - One At A Time.
2. Insert the information for the new option and select Submit.
Add Property Data - From File
1. From the FieldName drop-down list, select the field that you want to add option(s) to. Then select Add Property Data Items - From File.
2. A window will populate prompting you to Download Template. Once downloaded, remove the sample content in row 2 and add in the desired values. (A revised template will be available on January 28, 2022.)
3. Browse and select the file you created.
If the Enable data overwriting box is selected, any existing entries will be automatically updated to match the data in the Excel file you are uploading.
Your new Property Data is ready to be utilized.
Personalization tags for property data fields
|Property Data Field||Title||Description||Description Option 2||Description Option 3|
|Source of Business||#STAYSOURCEOFBUSINESSGROUP#|