This article is a starter guide to Revintel. It will provide the basics of Revintel, how it is powered through your data, and how to utilize it in just 10 minutes.
Chrome is the recommended browser to access Revintel.
Revintel is a Business Intelligence tool that can empower you to focus on strategic action and eliminate the usage of manual reports. During configuration, you will be given access to Revintel. Please reach out to your Hotel's System Administrator if you're unsure what your Revintel URL is. Let's get started, watch the video below to learn how Revintel is powered through your data.
Click here to view a breakdown of the various Revintel reports available, how often they should be run, and the business factors they aim to address.
Ready to run your reports? First, review the different report parameters available here.
Identify which report is needed based on the report name
- If you're looking for a high-level view of the data, utilize a report with Summary and/or Dashboard in the name. Dashboards offer great visual representations of the data.
- Reports with Trend in the name will always be comparison reports.
- Analysis and Detail reports provide similar data.
Tips & Tricks
- Reports that are not based on market, room type, or channel reports are generated by extracting the data from reservation fields.
- You can export your report as different file types (Word, PowerPoint, CSV, XML file, etc.) but it is recommended that the reports are exported with Excel.
Be cautious when comparing Revintel reporting to financial reporting. In most cases your financial reporting goes through an extra stage of auditing and adjustments made in that system will not be reflected in the PMS and therefore not reflected in Revintel.
If the report parameter displays vs prior year and there is no comparison filter to be selected then those numbers are the final numbers. It is recommended these reports are run when the month closes.
10 Minutes a Day
You have now accessed the Revintel system and identified which reports solve your business needs. Now, watch the video below to learn how can you utilize Revintel in just 10 minutes to quickly view your hotel's performance.
The Covid-19 pandemic has vastly disrupted the hospitality industry. Utilize the Pickup by Day Detailed Report under the Booking Trends tab to analyze how your strategies are impacting pickup.
For example, did the promotion you launched last week already have an impact on the books?
Please sign in to leave a comment.