User rights are managed by updating the user groups. A user can have different types of access based on which user group they are members of. If you want to grant a single user rights, you have to create a user group for it.
In this article:
User groups usually carry intuitive names that provide access to certain parts of the NextGuest CRM applications. For example, the Decision Maker Manager user group has all the rights required for this position, such as general access to Decision Maker, managing the Decision Maker group, etc.
- To organize user rights and user groups, sign into WebAdmin.
- Access users and user groups via the navigation bar on the left.
Creating and editing a user group
- In the navigation bar on the left, select Users and then User Groups.
The Search page displays.
- You can search for an existing user group or you can create a new user group.
- To create a new user group, select the Add option.
The New User Group dialog displays.
- Enter a unique group name and a description, where applicable, and select Save & Close. Re-open the user group and select Assign Right.
- Choose every user group right needed by application code and select Save & Close.
Assigning users to a user group
In addition to creating user rights, you can assign users to the user group. A user can belong to more than one user group. When you assign a user to a user group, the user is granted all the rights that this user group has. Removing a user group from a selected user also means that the rights assigned to this group are removed.
In the Edit User Group dialog, select the option Assign User.
Choose all users that should belong to this user group and select Assign Users to save your assignment.