Mapping unifies PMS data from different properties for central use by the hotel group/headquarters. Mapping is essential for aligning and matching uploaded data sets from property level (PMS Codes) to a unified standard (Main Codes).
Why is it important? Because you can only compare data sets containing matching codes and consistent values. Discrepancies in mappings result in figures that do not add up. This leads to inaccurate revenue, production, and reporting figures.
- Mapping unifies PMS data from different sources for group usage on chain/central level.
- Mapping is necessary to align uploaded data sets (PMS Codes) to a unified standard (Main Codes) in order to compare and analyze data.
- Certain background services require mandatory mappings for profile, stay, and revenue calculations.
- Mapping is set up per hotel during the implementation and has to be checked regularly.
- During the implementation, the local PMS codes used in the individual properties of the hotel group are mapped to the central main codes. The original local data remains unchanged. The hotels keep working with their local codes.
The Mandatory Mapping group contains code groups that are critical to the CRM operation. Therefore, they need to be checked and completed daily. This includes:
- Room types
- Department codes
Missing mandatory mappings cause inaccurate reporting and faulty profile information.
The All Mappings group contains all PMS codes received by the property. It is beneficial for campaigns and reporting to map these codes also, even though it is not critical to the operation. In addition to the mandatory codes, this includes, for example:
- Salutation codes
- Rate codes
- Market codes
- Source codes
- Payment codes, etc.
Where and how to check the mapping
In the App Launcher, select WebAdmin.
Access mappings via the navigation bar on the left:
- In the navigation on the left, select Mappings and then Mandatory Mappings or All Mappings.
- Next, select the required hotel to display the available codes.
Check mappings from the Overview:
Alternatively, you can check directly from the Overview whether your Mandatory Mapping and your Other Mappings are OK or need work:
- Red exclamation mark = the integrity check has discovered one or several unmapped codes with regard to this hotel. Corrective action is required.
- Green checkmark = all codes are properly mapped with regard to this hotel.
No action required
- In the Overview, check for red exclamation marks in the tiles Mandatory Mapping or Other Mapping.
- Hover the mouse over the tile with the exclamation mark.
The tile flips over and displays the properties with missing mappings.
- Select the required hotel.
The system displays an overview of available PMS Codes and their mapping status.
- Select the Code Section you want to work on.
In our example we are mapping rate codes.
- Select the PMS rate code with a click.
- In the Rate Codes Mapping dialog, select the required Main Code from the dropdown next the Main Code field.
- Select Save & Next to save your entry and to proceed to the next missing mapping.