This article provides an overview of the basic skills you require for working with Marketing Campaign. It explains how to sign in, how to sign out, how to use the navigation bar on top and how to access your user account options.
Note: The functions described here also apply to the Sales Campaign app. The only difference between Marketing and Sales Campaign are the recipients: In Marketing Campaign, your recipients are the guest profiles available in the central CRM database, in Sales Campaign, your recipients are the sales contacts of agent and company accounts residing and maintained in B2B Sales.
Signing into Marketing Campaign
You can sign into Marketing Campaign via the NextGuest CRM Portal, by entering the web address directly, or via the App Launcher icon in the top navigation bar available from any of the NextGuest CRM applications.
The NextGuest CRM Portal serves as a single-sign-on start page for the NextGuest CRM applications. Once you have signed in successfully, you gain access to all applications shown without needing to provide credentials again.
Your screen probably looks different from the example shown here. You get to see the applications your organization subscribed to and to which you have access permissions.
- Log into the NextGuest CRM portal.
- Select Marketing Campaign.
If you do not see the Marketing Campaign app, please ask your internal CRM administrator to check your user rights.
The system displays the Marketing Campaign start page.
Signing into Marketing Campaign directly
You can log into Marketing Campaign via a direct web link, such as http://customer.nextguest.app/MarketingCampaign/. This link can also be saved as one of the favorites in your web browser.
- Select the link to Marketing Campaign from your Favorites in your web browser.
Directly enter the web address of Marketing Campaign.
Note: This is just an example. The web address and the naming of your NextGuest CRM Intranet site is probably different.
The system displays the Marketing Campaign login page.
- Enter your User ID and press Tab.
If you have signed in before, the system will remember you and automatically suggest your User ID.
- Enter your Password and select Login or press Enter.
The system displays the Marketing Campaign start page.
If you have accidentally entered an invalid user ID or the wrong password, the system displays an appropriate message and remains on the login page. Try to log in again with your user ID and password and select Ok.
Navigating with the Navigation Bar
Several views and options are available from ALL pages via the navigation bar in the header or accessible via hotkey:
- Select the NXG logo icon on the left to return to the start page of the application.
- Select Template Fields & Functions for a list of available template fields & functions. This option is reserved to the NextGuest specialist.
- Select the App Launcher icon to display the applications available to you and to switch between applications.
- Access the User Profile to view and modify your settings, change your password and view your permissions.
- Select the Avatar menu to access the user options. You can view and modify your settings, change your password, and view your permissions.
- Select STRG+ALT+I to retrieve the system info, including product and version info of the application and its environment. If you need to call the customer success team, the consultants will need this information. This information is also available behind the Info icon on the right next to your avatar.
Accessing the Avatar menu with the user account
You can use the Avatar menu to access your user account, to view and modify your settings, change your password, view your permissions, and to log out.
Accessing the user account:
- From any of the Marketing Campaign pages, select your avatar in the top-right navigation.
The system displays the Avatar menu:
- User Account: The User Account shows the user’s name, language, and email details. Additional tabs are available for changing your password and viewing the user rights.
- Logout: Log out from Marketing Campaign and display the Login page. Select Logout from the Avatar menu.
Viewing and Editing the User Account Options
The Avatar menu provides access to your User Account with your general profile settings, including your user ID, name and email address. You can also change your password and view your permissions if you have the permissions to do so.
Accessing the User Account:
- From any of the Marketing Campaign pages, select the Avatar in the top-right navigation and select User Account from the drop-down menu.
The system displays the User Account:
The User Account page shows your User ID, your First name, Last name, Title, Email address, preferred Language, and (language) Culture setting.
- Select Edit to modify your details.
For security reasons, you need to enter your password to verify your identity, whenever you start editing your User Account, or when you select Change Password.
You can change your First Name, your Last Name, your Email address, and your Language settings.
- Select the Change Password tab to change your password.
- Select User Rights to view your permissions and the user group(s) to which you have been assigned.
For a field description, see Table 1 below.
- Select Save to store your changes.
Table 1: Options Menu – Description of Available Fields
Confirm your identity message
For security reasons, whenever you start editing your User Account or select Change Password, you need to enter your current password to verify your identity.
User Account tab
This read-only field shows the user ID the NXG CRM Admin has assigned to your profile. For example, NXG-JONES.
Your first name. Edit as required.
Your last name. Edit as required.
This field shows the Email address the Admin entered for you when setting up your profile. This Email address is used for re-sending password details by your system administrator. You can change the email address, if required.
The default language used for NextGust user interfaces is English with a US culture setting. You can select another language from the drop-down. Currently not applicable.
The default Culture setting is US with English as the language selection. You can select, British English from the drop-down (en-GB). Currently not applicable.
Change Password tab
In the New Password field, type the new password.
In the Confirm Password field, type the password once again.
Select Save & Close to update your password.
Note: If you have forgotten your password, your system supervisor can assign you a new one.
User Rights tab
The User Rights tab is for your information only.
For details on your permissions, please contact your manager.
This section shows the User Group(s) to which you have been assigned. Your assignment to one or more user groups determines your user rights.
This tab shows the permissions assigned to you and the respective user group(s).
Signing out/Logging Out
It is recommended to use the Sign-out option, whenever you want to close the application. This is to ensure that you always properly leave an application and do not accidentally leave a connection open. Using this option will provide you with a new Sign-in prompt for Marketing Campaign, which is also useful if you want to sign in in with another user ID.
Signing out from Marketing Campaign:
- From any of the pages, select the Sign-out option from the navigation bar.
The system logs you off and displays the Sign-in window prompting you for the next login.
The system remembers your User ID and automatically prompts you for signing in with this user again. If you want to sign in with another user, enter the respective User ID and password.