Once you have logged in successfully, you will see the Serenata @mail Message Monitor. The message monitor shows the Search Parameters for locating emails on top, and a list of emails that match those parameters underneath.
Additionally, there will be one tab for each configured data source: typically one source for sending reservation confirmations and cancellations and another data source for sending pre-arrival and post-stay emails.
The Message Monitor is the control center of Serenata @mail. From here, you can search and locate messages, check outgoing emails, delete messages, verify the email address of the recipient(s), view and change the subject line, add attachments and send emails.
The Message List is sorted by date and time. Click any other column to sort by the respective information instead.
You have the following options:
- Search emails based on various criteria and display the message list with corresponding results.
- Display emails based on status.
- View the messages and process them as required.
- Select multiple messages and delete them or send them.
Available Options Based on the Status of the Email
Using the Message Monitor, you can search and check outgoing emails, verify the email address of the recipient(s), view and change the subject line, add attachments, print, send and delete emails.
The options the message monitor provides with each email depend on the status of the respective emails.
The following status codes are available:
- In Process: The email has been sent by the user and is waiting for processing by the system, i.e. the system is about to send the email. This status is always accompanied by a message explaining why the email has not been sent yet. For instance, “trying to connect to mail server.”
- Sent: The email has been successfully sent by the system.
- On Hold: The email is on hold in the @mail Message Monitor and still needs to be checked or processed by the user (i.e. viewed, deleted or sent). Messages On Hold are always displayed in the Message List, regardless of the selected date range.
- Failed: The email was sent by the system but the transmission was not successful. The Failed status is always accompanied by an error message such as, “Invalid email address” or another explanation.
The message monitor offers the following options:
For all messages: Use the Search Parameters to locate messages based on various search criteria, such as name of recipient, part of the email address, subject or status.
Unsent messages (status = On Hold or In Process):
- View and check outgoing emails, edit subject lines and content.
- Add attachments to emails.
- Verify email addresses, add or change recipients.
- Monitor the status of emails, print, send or delete emails.
Sent Messages (status = Sent):
- View and check sent emails.
- Print selected emails.
- Resend emails or forward to another recipient.
Failed Messages (status = Failed):
- Check error message to see why the email did not go through (for instance, an unknown email address), correct problem, if possible and resend.