Viewing, Editing, Sending or Deleting Outgoing Emails (Action Column)
The Action column in the Message List is used to control outgoing emails. You can view, print, send or delete outgoing messages.
The displayed and available actions depend on the status of the respective message.
The following actions are available:
- View Email: Click the View Email icon to display the email in the format it will be/was sent to the recipient(s). See below for more details.
- Print Email: Click the Print Email icon to print the email in the format it will be/was sent.
- Send Email: Click the Send icon to actually send this message off. (Available for messages On Hold.)
- Resend Email: Click the Resend icon to email this message one more time. (Available for Sent messages.)
- Delete Email: Click the Delete icon to delete the message. (Available for messages that have not yet been Sent.)
Viewing the Message
Click the View Email icon to display the message in the format it will be/was sent to the recipient(s).
The system displays the email. Here is a sample corner of a reservation confirmation.
Depending on the setup of your @mail installation, the system may offer an Edit option for the message. In this case, you can change details of the contents before sending the message off (see below).
If the EDIT icon is not available and you find that something is wrong with the message, you need to go back to the source system (for instance your PMS application) and carry out the required changes there.
In this case, you would click the DELETE Email icon for this message.
When you have finished viewing and checking the email, you can close the window again by clicking the CLOSE icon.
If you clicked the Edit icon and have edited contents in the message, you need to save your changes by clicking the SAVE icon.
Editing the Message
You can edit a guest email via the View Email link before sending it to the guest.
Caution: Please keep in mind that changes here do NOT GO BACK to the PMS. Therefore, for changes regarding the reservation details, such as arrival and departure dates, number of nights, rate, etc. please go back to the PMS, carry out the change there and resend the confirmation with the new details.
Please also note that all changes to the contents may affect your layout directly or indirectly and may break the look of the email, in particular the optimization for responsive email design.
The Edit option should only be used for rare changes that have no reflection on the reservation and guest details stored with the PMS.
- Select the email which you would like to edit and click the View Email link.
Note: The Editing option is only available for guest correspondence with the status On Hold, i.e. for emails that have not been sent out yet. Emails with any other status (sent, failed, in progress) can be viewed but NOT edited.
2. Click the Edit icon in the top-left corner.
The system will display the email in Edit mode.
3. You can add and delete entire lines, and change existing text as required. The Toolbar on top offers the basic formatting functions required to change font family, sizes, colors, etc.
Caution: Please remember that the template look and feel has been determined by the management; this should not be “undermined” by spontaneous font changes or other such modifications.
Please also note that manual changes to the email may cause improper formatting, especially for emails using responsive email design. This might result in the email not being correctly displayed in some email clients.
4. If required, you can also make use of the Text Editor Toolbar at the bottom of the screen. If you have the rights to do so, you can access the message in HTML mode and edit it.
5. Click the Preview icon when you are finished to make sure that you have not interfered with the layout.
6. Click the Save icon when you are finished.
The system closes the window and returns to the message list.
Sending the Message
Send a message by clicking the Send icon.
The system prepares to send the message to all recipients listed in the Recipients column.
The Status of the email will change accordingly from On Hold to
- Waiting – the system is preparing to send the email but has not done so yet.
- Sent– the email was sent successfully.
- Failed- the email was sent but something went wrong with the transmission and an error message was returned.
Deleting a Message
By deleting a message, you withdraw it from the sending process.
This is recommended, for instance, when you need to change a detail regarding a reservation in the PMS. In this case, you would delete the confirmation email in Serenata @mail, go back to the PMS, access the reservation there, make your change(s) and send a NEW confirmation.
Delete a message by clicking the Delete icon.
The email record is deleted and no longer is displayed in the Message List.