From the Campaign Overview, you can create a new campaign by selecting the Add New Campaign tab. The Add Campaign Wizard opens and helps you through the initial steps required to create the campaign.
- Step 1: select the campaign channel
- Step 2: select the campaign topic
- Step 3: select the campaign template
- Step 4: define the basic campaign settings
Adding a new campaign
- From the Campaign Overview or the Search page, select the Add New Campaign option.
Step 1 displays with the channel selection.
Step 1: Select the campaign channel
Select the basic campaign channel, i.e. campaign type:
- Email: Send the campaign by email.
- Postal Mailing: Send the campaign by regular post.
Step 2: Select the campaign Topic
Use Step 2 to select your campaign topic. You can select from one-time topics and automated topics.
- Are used occasionally only and are set up manually.
- Are used in combination with a one-time scheduler.
- Are sent automatically with a defined sending pattern.
- Require one-time setup of the scheduler to determine the sending pattern. Available scheduler options:
- Daily at Time
- Daily Scheduled
- Day of Month
- Via external application (triggered by an API)
You can switch between pre-defined One-Time and predefined Automated campaigns, by selecting the respective tab options.
Note: The topics are set up with a suitable guest segmentation. After creating the campaign, you can adjust the query, if required.
- Select one of the one-time topics or select automated for a display of campaign topics that are sent regularly.
- You can select a Pre-defined topic or scroll down to view and select from newly Saved topics.
Step 3: Select the campaign template
Use step 3 to select the campaign template of your choice. The template determines the general look and feel of your campaign. The pre-defined templates offer a variety of looks and styles.
- Scroll down to view the available templates.
- You can preview a template by selecting the View option in the top-right.
This opens a preview of the campaign template.
- Select the required template by selecting it.
Step 4: Define the basic campaign settings
In the Settings, you define basic campaign settings required to create the campaign.
Define general settings:
- Move from field to field and complete or change the prefilled defaults, as required.
- Fields marked with an asterisk are mandatory and must be filled in.
- Grayed out fields are read-only fields and for information only.
Other fields can be filled in optionally.
- Modify the default campaign Name.
- Select a campaign Group from the drop-down.
This mandatory field is not pre-selected. You must select a campaign Group to create the campaign.
- The standard language displays in the Template Language. Optionally, select an additional language for the campaign in the Other Languages field.
In our example, we have added German.
that an extra Subject line displays for each language. Depending on the template you have selected, the email Subject lines are automatically filled with dynamic fields for the guest name.
- Select the Create Campaign option when you are done.
The system displays the Campaign Detail with the Campaign menu. Your next steps are to edit the campaign content.
Note: The Add Campaign Wizard with the available steps is available until you select the Create Campaign option in Step 4 Settings. Once you have created the campaign, the wizard closes, and you cannot change the campaign channel, topic or template anymore. Up to this point, you can go back to any of the steps by selecting into the respective step to verify and/or change your selection of topics and templates.
The fields available in the campaign detail may vary from hotel group to hotel group. The following table lists typical fields used in the standard version.