Using the Guest Experience Manager (GXM), you can search for and view guest profiles available in the central NextGuest CRM database. GXM shows you group-wide information available on the guest. You can check for previous stays, the RFM and loyalty status, any special guest interests and preferences, read reviews a guest has submitted, view any communication the guest has received, and check the subscription status of the guest.
Note: The Guest Experience Manager is configured to the requirements of the hotel group. Options can be deactivated when not used by the hotel group. In this case, they will not be visible on the screen. For instance, if you are not using the Loyalty module, none of the Loyalty options will display in your application.
Additionally, the functionality you receive with Guest Experience Manager depends on your access rights. For instance, you may have the right to view profiles but not to make changes.
In this article:
- Signing into Guest Experience Manager
- Searching for a guest profile
- Viewing the guest profile information - Profile Details
Signing into Guest Experience Manager
You can sign into Guest Experience Manager via the NextGuest CRM Portal, by entering the web address directly, or via the App Launcher icon in the top navigation bar available from any of the NextGuest CRM applications.
The NextGuest CRM Portal serves as a single-sign-on start page for the NextGuest CRM applications. Once you have signed in successfully, you gain access to all applications shown without needing to provide credentials again.
Your screen probably looks different from the example shown here. You get to see the applications your organization subscribed to and to which you have access permissions.
- Log into the NextGuest CRM portal.
- Select Guest Experience Manager.
If you do not see the app, please ask your internal CRM administrator to check your user rights.
The system displays the Guest Experience Manager start page.
The start page shows available profile search options.
Searching for a guest profile
Using the guest profile search, you can locate guests by entering one or several search criteria. You can search by:
- First name
- Last name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Related Hotel
- Timeframe (Arrival Date – Departure Date)
- Loyalty membership
Searching for a guest profile:
- In the guest profile search, enter your search parameters.
You can search, for instance, by entering the first letters of the first name and last name and add some stay criteria, for example a hotel selection.
- For a quick search, use the Profile Quick Search field on top.
Here you can search for any information available anywhere in the guest profile. Additionally, you can search for any part of the name, first name, city, or email address by prefacing the string with a percent sign %.
For example,if you enter %eckle in the Profile Quick Search field,
The system returns all guests whose guest profile contains this string anywhere in the name or other fields, such as for example guests named Checkley, Eckler, Steckler, Beckles, Beckler, etc.
Since any part of the guest profile is queried, this search may take a tick longer.
- When you have entered your search parameters, select the Apply option in the top-right corner to start the search.
The system displays all matching guest records in a tiled view.
Please ignore the "xxxs" in some of the profile tiles. They have been anonymized for privacy reasons. You can see at one glance the value of each guest by the stay, hotel, night, and revenue information displayed in the thumbnails below each tile.
For instance, our demo guest has had 36 stays in two hotels of the group, 52 nights, and has accrued a revenue of 4731 Euros.
As you hover over the tiles, the options Open profile and Open (profile) in new tab display.
- Open the required guest profile to by clicking it.
The Profile Details display.
Viewing the guest profile information - Profile Details
The Profile Details page provides a summarized overview of the central information available on the guest. It shows reservations & stays, revenues, email communication, loyalty transactions, reviews the guest has submitted, and any activities.
The page is split into multiple sections. As you mouse over the various parts, potential links to further sections become visible. The profile navigation on the left leads to further guest-related options. These are all clickable. Edit options for the main sections in the middle of the guest profile page become available as you hover over the sections.
On the right side, you can view guest Statistics and the chronological Loyalty history.
- Profile navigation on the left: Provides links to further guest-related details, such as reservations & stays, emails, loyalty transactions, reviews, activities and to Profile Management options available for the guest, i.e. stays retrieval, hotel profiles harvesting, profile distribution, and profile merge.
- Guest Information: Shows main guest details, such as salutation and name, birthday, nationality and preferred language, VIP level, etc.
- Loyalty Program: Shows loyalty details of the guest, including enrollment date, accumulated points, loyalty number, type, and loyalty level. Also provides the option to End Membership or to Add Loyalty Transaction.
- Interest: Shows any recorded guest interests, such as wellness, spa or a favorite property and provides the option to add or change interests.
- Newsletter Subscription: Shows newsletters the guest has subscribed to and provides the option to add newsletters, events, and to change the subscription.
- Contact Card: Shows the guest's contact details, i.e. email address, phone and mobile numbers. Also provides the option to set the profile to invalid (= Set Invalid) and to set opt-out options (= Set Opt-Out).
- Guest Specials: Shows recorded guest specials, such as pillow preferences, preferred cleaning times for room or preferred room temperature and provides the option to add or change specials.
- Main Address: Shows the guest's main address, which is used in postal mailings. Also provides the option to set the profile to invalid (= Set Invalid) and to set opt-out options (= Set Opt-Out).
- Room Features: Shows recorded room preferences of the guest, such as low floor, away from elevator, accessibility features, etc.
Please note that only available information is displayed. Some of the fields and information items mentioned here may not be visible for every profile or used in your configuration.
Please sign in to leave a comment.