eProposal customers who also use Oracle's OSEM can integrate the two products so that event details entered in OSEM conveniently populate new proposals in eProposal.
- Contact Oracle at https://support.oracle.com to initiate the integration set up and for any OSEM related questions.
- Once that is complete, request your Oracle Hotel ID from Oracle.
- Send Cendyn that ID by selecting Submit a Request at the top of this page to create a support ticket. Mention that you want to complete the Oracle OSEM/eProposal integration.
How will the integration work?
As part of the set up process, Oracle will instruct you on how to configure a new eProposal button for OSEM. After you create a new block in OSEM, you will click the eProposal button that you've configured. You'll be taken to the eProposal site. (The first time you use the button, you'll have to enter your eProposal login credentials; you won't have to log in subsequently unless you log out or get timed out of eProposal.) eProposal will automatically open the proposal generated for the block.
- The Arrival Date entered for a block in OSEM cannot be in the past.
- The block must have a Decision Date, which will become the Expiration Date in eProposal. If the Decision Date is in the past, the Expiration Date in eProposal will be the Event Arrival Date minus 1.
- It is recommended to always enter the primary contact’s email, and first and last name in OSEM prior to generating a proposal. If this data is missing in OSEM, the proposal will be drafted without a client. You can create a new client in eProposal, but it will not be passed back to OSEM.
- OSEM’s external Block Notes/Accommodation Notes will populate the eProposal Room Block Comments, and OSEM’s external Block Notes/Catering Notes will populate the eProposal Event Block Comments. The comments will be inserted at the time the proposal is first generated. If they are later updated in OSEM, they must be manually updated within the proposal.
- If you generate a proposal for a block but don't send it, then go back to the block and try to generate another proposal, the previously saved proposal draft will open. However, if you did send it, the next time you generate a proposal for the block, a new proposal will be created using the latest information from the booking.
- The currency code set up in eProposal will override currency codes in OSEM.
Please contact Oracle at https://support.oracle.com with any questions.