Template Reports are preconfigured reports and visualizations designed for you to use out-of-the-box. By leveraging the countless available filters in Compose, you can customize these canned reports down to the finest data points, revealing the trends and patterns most important to you.
Copy a Template Report
It's a best practice to save a copy of a Template Report before fine-tuning the filters so you capture your work. Select a Template Report. Select Copy Template, enter a new name for the report, then select Copy. The newly created report will appear on your canvas and be listed under User Reports.
Select a Template Report or one of your User Reports and your data will auto-populate. You can apply filters to the report from the Filters pane on the right side of the screen. Click the down arrow to expand a filter's options. Update your selections for the filter, then click Apply Filter. Clear the filter by selecting the Eraser icon.
While the reports in Compose offer filters similar to those available in other reports in Revintel, the reports in Compose are fully interactive. You can drill into the data by selecting a portion of one of the visualizations and the rest of the report will respond by focusing on the selected data. Select the visualization again to clear the filter.
Most Commonly Used Filters
- Hotel Name: If you have access to only one hotel, the only option available will be your hotel. If you have access to multiple properties you can toggle between your different hotels or choose multiple hotels to run portfolio-level reports.
- As of Date: Similar to the filter found on Revintel pace reports, this filter creates a snapshot of your on-the-books data as of the file being received on the morning of the selected date. The default is “today” but you change it to any date in the past.
- Stay Date: Choose parameters related to guest stay dates, whether historical or in the future, and in conjunction with the As of Date.
PowerBI, which drives Compose, pulls data according to where a data set is physically located, rather than where the user is located. This might adversely affect data pulled using the built-in today selection for the As of Date and Stay Date filters when a user in one time zone accesses data in another time zone.
To ensure your data populates as expected, follow these steps instead of selecting today for those two filters:
- In the As of Date and/or Stay Date filter, choose Advanced filtering under Filter type.
- Under Show items when the value, is should already be selected.
- Click on the calendar icon in the date field and select today's date.
- Click on Apply filter at the bottom of the filter.
- Business Unit: If you have more than one facet to your business, use the Business Unit field to analyze each facet independently or combined. For example, a property may offer standard hotel rooms as well as lodge and villa units. The property could analyze data for each type of unit (hotel, lodge or villa) separately or select All to analyze all the unit types combined.
- Currency Code: To be consistent with your PMS, individual properties should run reports in local currencies, which is the default setting in Revintel. However, if you need to report in multiple currencies, you can have multiple currency conversions applied to the data. Additionally, you can set a preferred currency in User Settings.
- Day of Week: The default setting is All to include all 7 days of the week. To only include specific days of the week, click the days you wish to include.
- STLY Value (Same Time Last Year): Select Date to Date or Day to Day. The STLY Value is only applicable if your report includes Pace Measures. The flexibility this filter option provides is only found within Compose reports.
- Comp House Indicator: Select to include or exclude reservations that fall into a "complimentary" market segment in your report or dashboard.