Using the Assign Sales Rep option from the Tools menu, you can assign a sales rep to an account or unassign a sales rep from an account. The Assign Sales Rep option is only required if you want to assign additional sales reps to an account or change the primary/secondary sales rep assignments. Per default, the sales rep who has created the account is also the owner and primary sales rep of the account.
This option can be used, for example, if a new sales rep has been hired and you want him to take over certain accounts which his predecessor used to be in charge of.
When you add a new sales rep or edit the assignment of a sales rep you can also assign a role to the sales rep (e.g. global team leader, team member, regional team member). This is quite helpful when you have several sales reps working on special accounts in varying functions.
The designation of roles is custom-specific and may vary from hotel chain to hotel chain.
Note: Before assigning sales reps to an account and setting a sales rep primary, you should familiarize yourself with the consequences resulting from your changes. We recommend reading “Ownership of Accounts”
The Assign Sales Rep option can also be accessed from the account Edit screen. Simply click the respective Salesrep tab there.
Assigning/unassigning a sales rep to an account:
Please note that the Assign Sales Rep option only becomes available once you have saved an account.
- Access the list of accounts and locate the required account.
- Double-click the account to open this entry.
- From the Tools menu, click Assign Sales Rep. B2B Sales displays the Sales Representatives dialog box.
Note: For primary sales reps the checkbox in the Pri column is selected. You can only have ONE primary sales rep per account.
- Do one of the following:
- To set a secondary sales rep primary click the name of this sales rep and then click Set Primary.
- To unassign a secondary sales rep from this account, click the name of this sales rep, and then click Delete. Primary sales reps cannot be deleted without first assigning another primary sales rep to the account.
- To assign a new sales rep, click Add.
- To edit the assignment of a sales rep, select the sales rep you want and click Then proceed to steps 7 through 8.
- To assign a new sales rep, click Add. B2B Sales displays the Sales Rep Assignment dialog box.
- Click the Sales Rep field and select the required name from the picklist.
- Click the Role field and select the required role for this sales rep from the picklist.
Caution: Select the Primary checkbox only if you want to overwrite the primary status of the existing primary sales rep in favor of a new primary sales rep. B2B Sales will display a warning message.
- Click Ok.
- Click Close when you are done. B2B Sales returns to the account you have presently selected.
Using the Salesrep tab from the account Edit screen to view the sales rep assignment and to assign/unassign sales reps:
- From the account detail, click the Edit icon.
The system displays the account Edit screen.
- Click the Sales Reps tab.
- Access the Assign Sales Rep option with a right mouse-click.
Please sign in to leave a comment.