Use the Special Offers module to create and modify special offers, featured specials, or campaign landing pages with ease.
In this article:
- Display the list of special offers in the Special Offers Dashboard
- Add/Edit a special offer
- Specials Tab Options
- Define attributes for a category
- Select an image/a thumbnail for a category
- Import (duplicate) special offers
Display the list of special offers in the Special Offers Dashboard
- Select Special Offers from the CMS dashboard.
The Special Offers Dashboard opens to the Special Offers tab, followed by the Categories and Page Attributes tabs.
Note: The offers created in the Special Offers module will be displayed on a dedicated page, where each one has its own summary, thumbnail, and a link to its own landing page. For more information on creating a dedicated Special Offers page, see how to add a page to my website.
- The Special Offers tab houses all active offers, showing name, dates, category (if applicable), URL, settings, target audience (if using Content Personalization), and available actions. Sort by one of the available fields, utilize the search bar, or apply filters to find existing offers.
- For each offer, you have a set of action items on the right with the following options from left to right:
- Publish/Unpublish: Deactivate an offer by using the slider. This removes the offer from the front end, i.e. it is not longer displayed. All the details remain in the system, and it can be quickly reactivated again.
- Edit: Edit the offer details, see below. Either select the action item or click the offer name to enter the edit screen.
- Delete offer: This removes the property including all details from the system.
- Share offer: Use this icon to share the offer to other properties, if using the CMS for multi-property set up.
Caution: Only use the Delete option when you are sure that the offer should be entirely removed. Deleted items cannot be restored. To be on the safe side, consider using the Unpublish option instead.
Add/Edit a special offer
- Select Special Offers from the CMS dashboard. The page opens, displaying the list of available offers.
- Select an existing special offer by clicking into the name or using the pencil action icon.
- To add a new Offer, select the Create Special button on the right, or the New Special Offer button on the left.
Specify the offer name, subtitle (if applicable), location, and dates using the provided fields. New offers will default to No end date. Items will No end date will not automatically unpublish at any time, and must be unpublished manually.
- Title: Name of the special offer. This is the title as it will display on your website.
- Subtitle: Sub-header of the special offer. This is the subtitle as it will display on your website.
- URL name: The name of the website URL for the special.
- Page Location: Shows the website URL where the special will display.
- Start Date: Shows the start date on which the special will begin displaying on the Specials page.
- End date: Shows the date on which the special will expire and stop displaying on the Specials page.
- No end date: Select this checkbox, if the special should not expire and remain on the Specials page indefinitely.
- Summary copy: Summary description that will appear on the main Specials page.
- Main copy window: Full description of the special that will appear on the dedicated page of the special.
Here are examples of the display of the summary copy and the main copy window.
Specials Tab Options
Copy Tab - add/edit content of the special
The Copy tab holds the content of the special offer. Use the WYSIWYG to enter and edit the summary and main copy for the offer.
- Summary copy: Summary description that will appear on the main Specials page.
- Main copy window: Full description of the special that will appear on the dedicated landing page of the offer.
Use the Price tab to display pricing information. Information entered here is static and will not dynamically update when the rate pricing changes.
- Price: Enable or disable static pricing information on the special offers. The site template must be able to support this information for it to show when enabled.
- Price Copy: Use Price Copy to specify the text and price to be displayed.
- Currency: Enter the Currency used for the special and whether to display the currency sign in front (Prepend) or behind the price (Append).
Use the Images tab to determine the images used on the Specials page. Specify the Thumbnail that will be displayed on the main Specials page. Additionally, select the Top Image that will be displayed in the specials page.
Add the required Links or Rate Details
Use the Links tab to specify booking and mobile booking links for the special.
Assign a specific Category
Use this tab to select categories for the special offer, if using categories. Special offers can be added to more than one category.
Determine specific Settings
Use the Settings to determine specific settings for the special offer, by activating or deactivating the respective slider option.
- In Front page: When using categories, will show offer on main page without assigning to a category.
- Starred: Shows Special as one of the first or featured offers on the dedicated page.
- Private: Hide the offer from the dedicated special offers page and make it accessible only by direct URL link.
- Loyalty Offer: Show the special offer in the Loyalty portal, if utilizing.
- Share on mobile: Deprecated functionality
- Mobile only: Display the offer exclusively on mobile devices.
- Target Audience: Select a target audience if using the Content Personalization Engine.
Use categories to organize special offers into meaningful groups, making them easier for guests to find.
While all offers start in the "Special Offer" category, you can create and assign additional custom categories to suit your needs.
- From the Special Offers dashboard, navigate to the Categories tab. Select the Create Category button on the right, or the New Category link on the left.
The New Category page displays.
- Fill in the required fields.
- Fill in the required tab options for the category. You can work your way through the editing process by selecting one tab option after the other, including Attributes and Images.
- Select Save when you are done. The new category is displayed in the list of categories.
Note: Saving a category automatically publishes it, but it only becomes visible on the website when it has a special offer assigned to it, or if it is marked as Always Visible in the Settings tab.
- Parent Category: Select a parent category from the drop-down if you work with category hierarchies.
- Category title: Name of the category.
- URL name: The name of the website URL for the category.
- Primary Heading: The title or header of the category Header that will appear on the website.
- Secondary Heading: The subtitle or subheader that will appear on the website.
Define attributes for a category
Select the Settings tab to further specify how the category will be displayed in the website.
- In Front Page: Enable/disable the option to show the category on the main Specials page.
- Always visible: Enable/disable the option to show the category on the Specials page even if not specials have been assigned to the category.
Select an image/a thumbnail for a category
In the Images tab, select a thumbnail for the category that will display on the main Special Offers page, as well as a top image for the category page.
Import, duplicate, and share special offers
Use the Import Offers button to copy special offers from one property to another and/or from one language to another within the same property.
- On the Special Offers dashboard, select Import Offers.
- In the first drop-down, select the property from which you wish to copy an offer. In the next drop-down, select the language you want used for the copied offer.
- The available offers from the property and in the language you selected will be listed. Check all the offers you wish to copy from the property shown in the drop-down to the property you're logged into. Select Import Offers.
Quickly create new offers by duplicating existing ones, preserving key elements and streamlining creation.
- On the Special Offers dashboard, place a check mark in the box next to the offer you wish to duplicate and then select Duplicate.
- The New Special Offer screen will appear with the elements pre-populated from the duplicated offer.
Create, edit and control promotions at the corporate level and distribute to individual properties. Managing offers from one central hub minimizes redundancy and effort when offers are being shared between multiple locations.
- On the Special Offers dashboard, navigate to the rate you want to share and select the Share icon from the action menu.
- Select the check boxes next to the properties you wish to share the offer with, and then select Close when finished.