Using the Page Manager, you can display the list of web pages in your site and edit the pages. You can add an unlimited number of pages to your website. You can freely add content to your web pages, ranging from promotional, visual, and textual. This includes top and other images, marketing messages and links, main content as well as a short description, attributes, and SEO features.
In this article:
Display the list of available pages in your website
- Select Page Manager from the CMS dashboard.
The Page Manager opens and shows the available pages in your website.
The most recently edited pages are shown by default. You can select a different display from the drop-down.
The Page Manager displays the available pages by title, URL, and last modified date.
- You can view the page, edit a page, and add pages.
- View page: In the list of pages, click into the URL of the required page. This opens a preview of the page, as it will look to page visitors.
- Edit page: In the list of pages, click into the page Title or select the Edit icon in the Action column to edit the page. For details on editing website pages, see related article.
- Add page: Add an unlimited number of pages to your website. See below.
Add a page to your website
- Select the Page Manager from the CMS dashboard.
- Select the New Page option on the top-right.
Directly select the page type you want to create from the navigation on the left.
The same options are available for selection from the drop-down offered with the New Page option.
Note: For standard pages, use the default New Page. Some special pages, for instance Special Offers or Calendar of Events, are powered by different modules. If you are about to create such a page, select this page type.
- The New Page editor opens.
- Use the upper half of the page to specify the details of the web page, such as the title, the primary and secondary heading. The short description is optional.
Note that the system automatically creates the URL based on the title. You can override the URL, if required.
- In the lower part, enter the content you want to see on the page.
- Use the Content page and the WYSIWYG editor to add and edit text, as required.
The main benefit of the WYSIWYG editor is that you can make changes and immediately see how they will be displayed on your live website, when you are ready to publish.
- Each page can have a top image, thumbnail, marketing messages and links, copy, short description and headings. Pages can also have SEO features. You can work your way through the editing process by clicking one tab option after the other, including Content, Sections, SEO / Meta, and Images.
- Select Save when you are done.
Available tab options:
- Content: Use the Content page and the WYSIWYG editor to add and edit text, as required. For details, see Cendyn CMS - how to add content to pages, including documents and images.
- Sections: Use the Sections tab to add additional templates based on the design of the website.
- SEO / Meta: Use the SEO / Meta tab to add the meta information for the page. This can help to achieve a higher ranking in search engines, which in turn can increase the traffic on your website. See related article.
- Images: Use the Images tab to add images available from the Image Manager. You can also use the tab to edit existing images. See related article.
Available fields on the Edit Page:
- Navigation Title: This is the title by which the page will display in the navigation, for instance, Ocean Dive Center.
- Menu Subtitle: Optionally, enter a subtitle.
- Short Description: Optionally, enter a short description.
- Primary Heading (h1): Enter here the main title of the page. For instance, "Discover our Ocean Dive Center"
- Secondary Heading (h2): Optionally, enter a sub-heading for the page. for instance, " Your Adventure Begins The Moment You Arrive"
- URL name: The system automatically creates the URL based on the navigation title. You can override the URL, if required..
- Page location: This read-only field displays the resulting complete URL of the page.
Please sign in to leave a comment.