Use the Page Manager to create, edit, and enrich web pages with element like text, links, image, documents and search engine optimization (SEO) information. See related articles for more information on adding a new page or adding content that is not specific to SEO.
Optimizing your pages with search engine optimization (SEO) information helps search engines like Google and Bing index your content accurately, increasing the chances of your website appearing higher in search results. For maximum visibility, filling out these details for all pages is highly recommended.
- Select the Page Manager from the CMS dashboard.
- From the list of pages, select the page you want to edit. The page editor opens.
- Select the SEO / Meta tab.
- Use the page to enter the required meta data.
- Meta Title: The Meta Title will show as the page title in search results, as well as being the page title in the internet tab or window when the page is open.
- Meta Description: This description will show up below the title and the URL of your page as it appears in the search engine results. In order to remain visible within Google, your meta description should be kept somewhere between 140-160 characters.
- Meta Keywords: Optionally use this field to enter keywords describing the content of your web page, separated by commas. They are not shown on the website. Meta Keywords are a specific type of meta tag that appear in the HTML code of a web page. They provide search engines with more information on the content of a web page.