The Campaign Benchmarking report compares the performance metrics of an individual campaign to that of Cendyn’s benchmark, which was formulated using data from hotels around the world. This report helps identify your successes and opportunities across each campaign’s metrics.
The Campaign Benchmarking report compares each campaign’s Delivery Rate, Open Rate, Unique Open Rate, Click Rate, Unique Click Rate and Unsubscribed Rate against Cendyn’s benchmarks.
As of November 18, 2021 the legend at the top of the report will be updated to reflect 2020-2021 performance. The conditional formatting thresholds (which create the green, yellow, and red highlighting) have been updated accordingly as well.
The Scorecard at the top of the report allows you to review the overall performance for campaigns that were sent during the selected date range.
Campaign Benchmarking report filters
Leverage these report filters to refine your data as needed:
- Property: This filter allows you to select the Campaign “From” field.
- Sent Date Range: Target campaigns sent during a selected date range.
- Exclude Transactional Campaigns: You can opt to exclude transactional email campaigns (i.e., confirmation, change or cancel).
Analyzing your Campaign Benchmarking report results
- Identify low performing campaigns for each of the core metrics – Delivery Rate, Open Rate, Click Rate and Unsubscribes.
- Investigate Delivery Rate by reviewing Campaign Bounce Rates of 2% or higher.
- Review your Campaign goals and the campaign's targeted audience. Did you leverage all available opportunities in the Audience Builder to create a highly targeted audience?
- Review your Open Rate and Unique Open Rate. Which campaigns underperformed against the benchmark?
- Review which of the campaigns had poor click engagement.
- Dive into your “opportunity” campaigns, and identify areas of opportunity that can be applied to your future campaigns.
- Consult the eInsight Link Click Detail Report, as shown below, to review click engagement.
- Use the Campaign Benchmarking Report to specifically review weak performing metrics across your trigger campaigns.
- Has the trigger campaign performed similarly to the benchmark for different time periods? What actions can you take to improve the performance of the trigger campaign?
- Which of your trigger campaigns performed the strongest vs the weakest? Is there opportunity to modify your trigger campaign to optimize performance?
- Utilize the Campaign Benchmarking report to not only identify focus metrics to improve, but also to identify which campaigns saw strong performance against the Cendyn benchmarks.
Please sign in to leave a comment.