December 01, 2021 - Release Notes
We're pleased to share the (many!) enhancements we're deploying on December 9th, 2021 as we continuously strive to bring you the best in class solution to your website content management needs.
Here are the highlights:
- Instantly translate text on your webpages using a new integration with Google Translate (if your website is already translated into more than one language).
- Add an "Invite a Friend" widget and feature to your Loyalty member portal and award points to members who invite their friends, if you use the CMS to build and manage your portal and your program revolves around points.
- Copy Special Offers from one property to another and/or from one language to another within the same property.
- Locate and manage Special Offers more easily with a new filter.
- Use the new Upload button to add images to your webpage.
- Quickly put your Loyalty member portal into Maintenance Mode when necessary, then disable it when maintenance is complete.
- Easily rename and redirect multiple URLs on your website in the updated URL Rewrite Manager.
- You'll see a visual change to your FleXi platform experience as we're updating the look and feel to align with Cendyn's suite of products.
Read on for details.
Auto translate webpage content
If your website is already translated into more than one language, you can instantly translate copy on your webpage into one of your existing languages. When you click the new Translate Copy button in the top right of the Page Manager, the languages available to your property will display in the drop-down list.
Select a language to instantly translate the content in the fields listed below using Google Translate.
- Navigation Title
- Menu Subtitle
- Short Description
- Primary Heading
- Secondary Heading
- WYSIWYG Content Tab
- Meta Title, Meta Description, and Meta Keywords in the SEO/Meta Tab
Review all auto translated content for accuracy. If modifications are needed, simply overwrite the auto-populated content and save.
Add "Invite a Friend" to your Member Portal
Add a button or link to your portal for existing members to invite their friends to join your loyalty program. When members enter their friends' email addresses in the form on the portal, invitation emails will be sent to those friends using the Invite Friends Email template. Your program's backend will log the date, email address, if the recipient signed up or not, and award points to the referring member.
Should you wish to enable this feature, submit a request online or send a request to your Cendyn Customer Success Team.
You can update the content of the Invite Friends Email by signing in to your eLoyalty account. Go to the Email Setup tab and select Edit for the "Invite Friends Email" page. Learn more here.
Time-saving updates to Special Offers
To save time, you'll now be able to use the Import Offers button to copy existing Special Offers from one property to another and/or from one language to another within the same property, or across properties.
Special Offers Filter
Use the new Special Offers filter to locate your offers quickly.
Filter by status (Published, Unpublished or Draft), a custom date range or built-in time span (This Month, Last Month, This Quarter or Last Quarter).
Updated Upload Images Button
To improve clarity, we've moved and renamed the button used to upload new images to your webpage. When you're in the Page Manager, click Edit Page > Images tab, then Select to add an image. This will open the Choose Images view as before. To upload a new image, you'll now select the Upload button to the left of the existing +Select Image(s) button at the top of the page.
If you must put your loyalty member portal into maintenance mode, we've got you covered. Head to Loyalty Rewards > Loyalty Portal Settings and switch the Maintenance Mode toggle to On. A special page will display alerting users that maintenance is underway. Change the toggle to Off when maintenance is complete.
Should you wish to enable this feature, submit a request online or send a request to your Cendyn Customer Success Team to update the branding of your maintenance mode page. Once that is ready, you can modify the page content yourself in the Loyalty Rewards module by selecting the Maintenance page and editing the content as needed.
Rename and Redirect Multiple URLs
We're updating the URL Rewrite Manager to enable you to rename and redirect multiple URLs all at once. For example, if you wish to rename your Special Offers page from "/specials" to "/offers", you could use a regex redirect rule with a capture group, as shown below, to ensure that visitors reach the new Special Offers URL whenever they attempt to visit the previous version of the page.
FleXi is getting a new look
Following the merger with NextGuest earlier this year, we're updating our FleXi platform to align with Cendyn branding.