The Rooms menu allows you to configure and manage the room types available on your property. Each room includes a generic description, along with information about the bed type and add-ons available to a guest. It also allows you to upload images that will appear on the property website or the booking channel during a search. Occupancy limits and other stay conditions can be specified in this section.
This page is only activated for GDS-enabled properties.
Configure room types
Navigate to: Rooms>Add New
- The Language field indicates the default language set up in the Property Defaults
- Enter the Name, Code and the GDS Code for the property
The GDS Code must be exactly 3 characters long. For example, S1K, where S stands for standard room category, 1 stands for number of beds, and K stands for bed type (king).
Add a Detailed Description for the room type.
This description is visible on the Booking Engine when clicking on the Room Details link.
Note: The detailed description should not be more than 1000 words.
For GDS-enabled properties, add GDS Description.
- Enter the name of the room and the bed type in the first line
- Use the second and third line to provide a short description about the room
- No special characters except hyphens and periods are allowed
Note: The room image must be at least 900*500 pixels or follow the same dimension ratio.
- To upload images of the room, add a Name and Description of the image
- Select Browse to locate and upload the image
- To add more than one image, select +add another photo and repeat the same steps
Pre-created add-ons can be added to the room type.
Enter the Size (approximate square feet) of the room.
Enter the number of rooms available (This information is for tax purposes only).
Enter the Extra Adult per Room Charge* and the Extra Child per Room Charge.
These charges are applicable if the number of adults or children staying in the room exceed the default number of occupants allowed for the default price.
Select the maximum number of adults allowed for the default room rate.
Select the checkboxes for all the Channels through which this room type will be bookable.
Adding Occupancy Limit
- Adults field: enter the Min and Max number of adults allowed in the room.
- Children field: enter the Min and Max number of children allowed in the room.
- Total Max Occupancy: This number is the total of maximum Adults and maximum children allowed in a room.
Adding bed types
- Click on the applicable Room Categories (These are created prior to the room build)
- Select the applicable Bed Types
Adding Room Specific Amenities
Note: The list shows the amenities configured as room-specific in the Amenities menu
Select the checkboxes for the amenities that are applicable to this room.
Please sign in to leave a comment.