Follow all the steps below to troubleshoot a negotiated rate, to ensure that it is bookable on a GDS distribution channel.
Travel Agent Information checklist
- What system is the Travel Agent (T.A.) using?
- If the T.A. is using an Online Booking Tool, what GDS is it accessing rates from?
- What dates is the T.A. trying to book?
- What are the Rate Loading Instructions (RAC and PCCs)?
- What command is the T.A. using to make the booking?
- What are the T.A. details (name, IATA number, phone and email)?
- Have you requested a screenshot of the T.A.’s booking attempt?
RVNG checks in Inventory/Rates
Does the Rate have Sell Rules (Restrictions) placed on the selected days?
Select the rate and go to the Status tab.
Does the room type have remaining Inventory for the selected days?
Select the room associated to the rate and go to the Status tab.
Does the room type have Pricing loaded?
Select the room associated to the rate and go to the Add Rate tab.
Verify the following information in the Rate Setup tab:
End Sell Date must not be a past date.
Requires contract must be selected.
Notify must be selected.
Primary Rate Category must be Negotiated or Consortia.
Is a valid Contract attached to the rate?
Select the rate and go to the Contract tab.
Are the correct Distribution Channels available and activated? (must not have an end date)
Select the rate and go to the Channels > Conversions tab.
If no issues were found in RVNG, follow up with the 3 points below:
- Request a Test Sell from our Data Services team, providing all previous T.A. information.
- Forward the Test Sell to the T.A. for troubleshooting ono their end.
- If all the above fail has failed, submit your findings to our Data Services team for further investigation. They will then provide a conclusion once resolved.