Best Available Rate (BAR) is the master rate plan for a hotel which holds the base inventory. BAR is generated automatically when a property is added to the Pegasus CRS Portal. You must load the rates and inventory for the BAR in the Rate Grid before you link it to floating (derived) rate plans.
Setting up BAR
Navigate to: Rates and Inventory > Rate Grid
Select the Best Available Rate plan from the grid and click Continue.
On the next page, select a Start/End Date.
Select the Override Room Type Hierarchy checkbox:
- If selected: The Rate Grid loads the entire inventory and rates for each room type, irrespective of the room type hierarchy.
- If unselected: The rate grid only allows changes to the base room type. The remaining room types derive the rates based on the pre-configured differentials.
- Click on Daily Rate & Inventory
Daily Rate Setup and Inventory page
The Quick Fill Table allows you to make bulk changes to the rates, inventories, and yield controls.
Note: If the Override Room Hierarchy option is selected in the previous page, the Room Type field displays a drop-down list with all room types. Otherwise, it would only display the base room type.
Select one or multiple room types the bulk changes should affect. These will be apply to selected dates only.
- Enter the Rate for the selected room type(s).
- In the Rooms Available field, enter the number of rooms available
- Yield Controls:
- No Change: There is no change to the availability
- Open: The room is open for bookings during the specified date range
- Closed to Arrival: Reservations cannot be booked to arrive on this date. If the guest modifies the arrival date, the inventory may display as available
- Closed to Departure: Reservations cannot be booked with this check-out date
if the guest changes the departure date, the inventory will be displayed as available
- Closed: The inventory is unavailable for booking.
- MIN/MAX LOS: Enter the minimum and maximum number of days a guest can stay
Click on Quick Entry to update the Quick Fill Table.
Click on Update at the bottom of the page to confirm your changes.
Updating the Rate Grid
Alternatively to the Quick Entry option, you can make rate and inventory changes directly into the Rate Grid fields.
The Date column displays the applicable Day(s) and Dates. These are read-only fields.
The Rate Current field displays rates last set for the corresponding date. Enter the new rate In the New field.
- The Total field displays the total number of rooms loaded
- The Total Sold field displays the total number of rooms booked
- The Sold@rate field displays the number of rooms booked at the current rate (Base Available Rate)
- The Availability Current field displays the total number of rooms available. Once this count becomes zero, the room or the rate plan will not be visible to the guests.
- In the New field enter the new count for the room type availability to update the current status. This new count will override the Current
Select Open, Closed or Closed to Arrival/Departure to indicate the availability status.
Enter the minimum and maximum number of days a guest can book the rate for.
The Cascade Yield Control checkbox, if checked, will cascade the yield controls applied on the base room type associated with the BAR.
Click Update to display the Rate Change Confirmation page and Confirm your changes.
Note: Do not forget to click Confirm so that the changes are processed.