Understanding campaign marketing in the hospitality world starts with understanding Hotel Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and guest profiles. Guest profiles are generated from Property Management Software (PMS) and any other third-party sources within a hotel. Guest profiles allow the hoteliers to communicate with the guests from pre-stay, to in-stay, and to post-stay.
Email Marketing Introduction
Email marketing is using email to promote a company's product and services; to connect with customers and previous guests.
Some Email Marketing Benefits
- Speed - It takes less time to create an email campaign template than a campaign for the traditional media
- Personalization - able to segment and create different customer lists to effectively send marketing emails
- Response - Has a higher rate of conversion than any other medium
- Tracking - Email platforms make emails trackable from how many were opened and the individual clicks down to who opened and didn't open the email.
- Viral - Makes it easy for customers to forward content onto their contact list, such as their friends.
Marketing Emails = A generic email going out to a huge amount of people
Transaction Emails = 1 on 1 email with the hotel to guest (who stayed or will stay at the hotel)