Pegasus CRS allows you to configure Add-Ons that your guests can utilize during their stay. For example, complimentary breakfast, in-room wi-fi, or spa massage. The Add Ons menu allows you to configure in the following ways. You can:
- Create an Add-On that can be sold a-la-carte on the booking UI at an additional cost (over and above the room rate). The rates for the add on are displayed individually on the booking UI.
- Attach an Add-On to a room type as a room-specific inclusion. The Add-On is free of charge and the room rate displayed on the booking UI is just the rate of the room.
- Attach an Add-On to a rate plan. The cost of the Add-On is added with the rate plan to create a package. The rate displayed on the booking UI is the sum of the actual rate for the room and the cost of the Add-On included.
Creating a new Add-Ons
Navigate to Add-Ons >Add New
- Enter the Name*, Code*, Short Description*,and a Long Description
- For the Status field, select Active if you want to make the add on available to guests.
- Select the Valid Start Date and the Valid End Date from the calendar option or enter the dates in the format defined in the Property Defaults menu if the add on has a specific validity period. For example, Christmas gala dinner, which is applicable only during Christmas.
Note: These dates refer to the dates of stay at the property and not the dates of reservation. These fields are applicable only if the add on Status is Active.
- For the Allow a-la-carte purchase field, select Yes to indicate that the add on can be made available for purchase independently on the booking UI without being associated with any specific room type.
- A-la-carte Add-ons now available on a rate plan or room-type specific basis: An Add-on can now be offered contingent on which room-type(s) or rate plan(s) has been selected. Now you are able to hide certain add-ons if someone is already purchasing that add-on through a rate plan package, or market specific add-ons to specific segments of the client.
- On the Add-on edit page, you now have three options for how you wish to sell an a-la-carte add-on: "All Rateplans and Room Types," "Only Specific Rateplans" and "Only Specific Room Types." By selecting either the second or third radio button, you will be presented with a list of rate plans (or room-types), allowing you to select one or more item which must be selected for that add-on to be present on the Reservation Detail Page.
- For the Show as Property Amenity field, select Yes to indicate that the add on is part of a property amenity and is not available for a-la-carte purchase.
- For the Price Frequency field, select the frequency of charges as Per Stay, Per Night, or Per day of Week as applicable.
- For the Price Basis field, select:
- Per Unit: indicate that the price is to be calculated per unit of the add on. For example, you can set the per-session price a spa massage.
o Enter the value for Maximum Quantity Bookable at a time*. For example, you can restrict the number of spa massages to 4. So, a guest making bookings for a family of 5 members, will be eligible only 4 spa massages as add ons to their stay.
o Enter the per unit Price* for the add on.
Note: The prices entered must be inclusive of tax and fees applicable.
- Per Room: to indicate that the add on is priced per room. For example, wi-fi facility per room. Enter the Price* of the add on applicable on the basis of the room type.
- Per Person: to indicate that the add on is priced per person. For example, unlimited breakfast per person. Enter the Price* of the add on applicable on the per person basis.
- Per Adult and Per Child: if the per-person price varies for adults and children. For example, standard dinner and kids meals.
o Enter the Price-Adult* value for the price of add on applicable to adults.
o Enter the Price-Child* value for the price of add on applicable to children.
- For the How to price in opaque field, select:
- Add price to first day of stay: to include the price of the add-on to the price of the guest?s first day of stay at the property.
- Average price across all days of stay: to average out the price of the add on throughout the stay of the guest. For example, the price of a $1000 spa massage can be averaged out as $250 per day during a 4-day stay at the property.
Note: This field is not applicable to add ons that are available a la-carte. The price of property-specific add ons are included to the room rate / package rate displayed to the guest in the booking UI; the actual cost of the add on is, therefore, ?opaque? to the guest.
- For the Available through Channel Manager? field, select Yes if you want to make the add ons available through the Online Travel Agent channels.
Note: You must configure the add ons as property inclusions on the OTA extranet as well.
- Click Save to save the information or click Cancel to discard the information and return to Administrator Home page.
Manage Add Ons
The List All menu allows you to view, edit, and delete an add on.
To view, edit, and delete add ons:
- Under Add Ons, click List All. This displays the Add Ons page listing all the add ons.
- To view and edit an add on, under the b column, click the add on to be edited. In the displayed page, make the necessary changes and click Save to save the changed information or click Cancel to discard the changes and return to the previous page.
- To delete an add on, select the checkbox under the Select column corresponding to the add on that you want to delete and click Delete. In the displayed page, click Yes to confirm the deletion or click No to discard the deletion and return to the previous page.
- Use the numbers under the Return Order column to change the order of the add ons displayed on the booking UI. Double click on the number left of the add on and update with new return order number. Then press Update Return Order.
Please sign in to leave a comment.