Pegasus CRS Smart Policies allows you to offer alternative or exceptional policies to your guests for a discount or premium. Smart Policies also allow you to override existing policies on dates you specify which are commonly used for special event/high demand dates.
Please note that you must have general property policies in place before creating smart policies.
Adding Alternative Policies
The Alternative Smart Policy feature allows you to offer alternatives to the general cancellation policies. Guests can choose from the alternatives offered to them; you can add up to two alternative policies for your guests to choose from.
For example: Get a discounted price for early-bird reservation that are non-cancellable, or choose a premium rate plan that allows for cancellation up to three hours before check-in time.
Go to Smart Policies > Add New
- Enter a Smart Policy Name
- Select a default Policy from the dropdown field. It displays the policies that were added as general guarantee or cancellation policies. The Smart Policy will override the default policy on dates that are added under exceptional policies and/or offer alternate policies.
- Select the Policy from the drop-down field.
- In the Discount/Supplement Type field, select Percentage of 1st Night, Percentage of Stay, Flat Fee, or Flat Fee per Night as applicable, and enter the Amount.
- Repeat the above steps to add the Alternate B policy, if applicable.
Adding Exceptional Policies
The Exceptional Smart Policy feature allows you to apply restrictions to general policies on certain days of the year.
For example, you can create an exceptional policy specifically applicable during Christmas time. The Smart Policy thus created overrides the default Property Guarantee/Cancellation Policy.
- To add an Exceptional Policy, click on the Add a new Exceptional Policy link
The Smart Policy Name displays the name of the policy to which this exceptional policy is attached.
- Select the Start Date and the End Date from the calendar option, to indicate the period during which the smart policy will override the default property guarantee/cancellation policy.
The start and end dates refer to the dates during which the guest will stay at the property.
- Select the Policy from the drop-down list. This policy will be applicable during the selected period instead of the default policy.
- Click Save to confirm the information or click Cancel to return to previous page without making any changes.
You can add any number of blackout periods during which an exceptional policy should be used.
- Click Save to confirm the changes or click Cancel to discard the changes and return to the List of Smart Policies page.
These smart policies can now be attached to rate plans in the Rate Plans menu.