Pegasus CRS Smart Policies allows you to offer alternative policies to your guests for a discount or premium. Smart Policies also allow you to override existing policies on dates you specify which are commonly used for special event/high demand dates.
Note: You must have general property policies in place before creating smart policies.
Smart policies can be of two types:
- Alternative - The Alternative Smart Policy feature allows you to offer alternatives to the general cancellation policies. Guests can choose from the alternatives offered to them; you can add up to two alternative policies for your guests to choose from. For example, you can give a guest an alternative policy that offers two alternates: get a discounted price for early-bird reservation that are non-cancellable, or choose a premium rate plan that allows for cancellation up to three hours before check-in time.
- Exceptional - The Exceptional Smart Policy feature allows you to apply restrictions to general policies on certain days of the year. For example, you can create an exceptional policy specifically applicable during Christmas time. The Smart Policy thus created overrides the default Property Guarantee/Cancellation Policy.
The Add New menu allows you to add a new smart policy and define alternate or exceptional policies.
To add a new smart policy:
- Under Smart Policies, click Add New. This displays the Guarantee/Cancellation Smart Policies page.
- Enter the Smart Policy Name*.
- Select a default policy from the drop-down list. This list displays the policies that were added as general guarantee or cancellation policies. Pegasus CRS Smart Policy will override the default policy on dates that are added under exceptional policies and/or offer alternate policies.
- Apply Alternate or Exceptional policies to this smart policy.
- To add an Alternate A policy:
- Select the Policy from the drop-down list. This list displays the policies that were created as General Guarantee/Cancellation Policies.
- For the Discount/Supplement Type field, select Percentage of 1st Night, Percentage of Stay, Flat Fee, or Flat Fee per Night as applicable, and enter the Amount.
- Repeat the above steps to add the Alternate B policy. The Alternate B policy is optional.
- To add an Exceptional Policy:
- Click the Add a new Exceptional Policy link. This displays the Smart Policy/Exceptional Policies page.
- The Smart Policy Name displays the name of the policy to which this exceptional policy is attached.
- Select the Start Date and the End Date from the calendar option or enter the dates in the format as set in the Property Defaults menu, to indicate the period during which the smart policy will override the default property guarantee/cancellation policy.
Note: The start and end dates refer to the dates during which the guest will stay at the property.
- Select the Policy from the drop-down list. This policy will be applicable during the selected period instead of the default policy.
- Click Save to confirm the information or click Cancel to return to previous page without making any changes.
Note: You can add any number of blackout periods during which an exceptional policy should be used.
- Click Save to confirm the changes or click Cancel to discard the changes and return to the List of Smart Policies page.
You can now attach these smart policies to rate plans in the Rate Plans menu.
*Asterisks denote required fields.