The Policies menu allows you to create and manage guarantee and cancellation policies that can be associated with any rate plan.
For instance, you can set up a guarantee policy requiring guests to make a pre-payment to save the property from potential losses arising from no-shows.
Similarly, you can set up policies specifying a penalty for guests who cancel their bookings outside of a given window.
Adding a new policy
Go to Policies > Add New
- Enter the Policy Name, a Policy Code and the Description for the policy.
- Select a Guarantee type from the dropdown field
- Credit Card Guarantee indicates that a guest must provide a valid credit card at time of booking.
PrePayment/Deposit indicates if that a payment or deposit must be made prior to check-in:
- Percentage of Amount - The percentage of amount that a guest is required to pay.
- Number of Nights - The number of nights for which a prepayment/deposit must be made.
- Fixed Amount Deposit - A fixed amount that must be deposited at the time of reservation or before check-in.
Adding a Cancellation Window
- Click on the Add a new Cancellation window link.
- Select the Cancellation Window from the drop-down list.
- Select a Cancellation Fee :
- No Cancellation Fee - No fee is applicable if the cancellation is made within the cancellation window.
- % of total charge - A percentage of the total charge is applicable as cancellation fee if the cancellations is made within the cancellation window.
- Night(s) - The number of nights deducted if the cancellation is made within the cancellation window.
- Flat Fee - A flat fee is charged if the cancellation is made within the cancellation window.
- Click on Save to submit the information and return to previous page.
You can build up to four cancellation windows.