The Email Retargeting feature allows you to create customized emails to retarget guests who abandoned their reservation search midway. This feature can be used as a reminder to the potential guests about your property; however, it can also be used to provide an exclusive promotion to incentivize the potential guest to book.
If you are interested in using the Email Retargeting function, the first step is to reach out to our support team.
To encourage booking completion, the email can be personalized with the following:
- Special discounts
- Free Add-ons
- Limited offers
Navigate to: Property Management > Email Retargeting
- Enable General Options to activate the functionality
- Select Enabled to activate for all rates, or Enable for specific rate codes/tags/classifications
- The Time Lapse field allows you to specify the time within which the email must be sent to the guest after they have dropped out.
Rate Plan Targeting
- Enable Rate Plan Retargeting
- Enter an Expiration Time if the offer should be limited to a specific time frame
- Enter Rate Code or Compound Access Code name
You can personalize the email to your prospective guests by adding custom text to the Greeting, Subject and Email Body.
- Enter the guest Greeting and select the First Name or Full Name from the drop-down list.
- Enter the email Subject and the content of the email in the Email Body
While the header of the email and image will automatically be pulled from your Property Branding tab, you can customize the colors to match the color scheme of your property.
We recommend updating the Booking Button and background color.
- Enter the colour code for each email segments (or click on a field to select a colour)
- Rename the Book it Button Label and save your changes
Retargeting with a Promo
Offering an exclusive promotion to win over your prospective guest is a great way to increase conversions on your Booking Engine. To utilize this feature of email retargeting:
- Create a rate plan exclusively for email retargeting use (and make sure it isn’t publicly available)
- On your email retargeting screen, enable rate plan retargeting
- Input an expiration time, which will allow the guest to book using the newly created rate plan for the designated amount of time
- Type in the rate code of the email retargeting rate plan you have created
Set abandonment time between 2-5 hours.
Include your property name in the subject line so the prospective guest knows right away who sent the email.