All taxes and fees available at the property must be created individually, in order to be added to rate plans.
Go to Property Management > Taxes and Fees
Click on Add New Tax to Property to start the setup. This is also where you can create taxes specifically for Add-ons.
- Enter the Tax Name. The information entered here is visible to guests on the booking UI
- Select the Type and make a selection from the dropdown menu
- The Tax Code is for internal reference only and is not displayed on the booking UI
- Select Yes if this tax is to be paid at the hotel, and if it should be applied on top of other taxes created in the CRS
- Enter a date range if the tax has a specific validity period. If no start or end dates are specified, the tax will always be applicable
- The Charge Type indicates if the tax will be calculated in percentages or flat amount values.
- The Charge Frequency specifies how often the tax will be applied. If based on the stay, the amount will be fixed, regardless of the number of nights.
- Set Charge Basis to Room or Person. Charges on a room basis are applicable for each room regardless of the occupancy.
- Apply tax on a Rate Range if applicable
- Enter the Charge Amount and define if this should change after a number of nights
- Select if it should charge by Rooms in Room Type
- Select the rate on which the tax will be charged
- All days are selected by default. Uncheck the days that are not applicable
- If the charge basis is Per Person, select if the taxes and fees should apply to children
- Enter the tax description and save your changes