All taxes and fees available at the property have to be set up individually, in order to be added to rate plans. Once created, you can configure inclusivity accordingly.
Navigate to: Property Management > Taxes and Fees
Click on Add New Tax to Property to start the setup. This is also where you can create taxes specifically for Add-ons.
- Enter the Tax Name. The information entered here is visible to guests on the booking UI
- Select the Type and make a selection from the dropdown menu
- The Tax Code is for internal reference only and is not displayed on the booking UI
- Select Yes if this tax is to be paid at the hotel, and if it should be applied on top of other taxes created in the CRS
- Enter a date range if the tax has a specific validity period. If no start or end dates are specified, the tax will always be applicable
- The Charge Type indicates if the tax will be calculated in percentages or flat amount values.
- The Charge Frequency specifies how often the tax will be applied. If based on the stay, the amount will be fixed, regardless of the number of nights.
- In Charge Basis select Room or Person. Charges on a room basis are applicable for each room irrespective of the occupancy
- Apply tax on a Rate Range if applicable
- Enter the Charge Amount and define is this should change after a number of nights
- Select if it should charge by Rooms in Room Type
- Select the rate on which the tax will be charged
- All days are selected by default. Uncheck the days that are not applicable
- If the charge basis is Per Person, select if the taxes and fees should apply to children
- Enter the tax description and save your changes
Please sign in to leave a comment.