The Room Hierarchy menu allows you to create a hierarchy among rooms and conveniently upload rates for multiple room types in one go.
When using this option, you can define one room type as the base room and configure the price difference applicable to other room types. Once the base room rate is loaded, other room rates are updated automatically based on the hierarchy configuration. You can also configure price differences by season or date range.
Before setting the room hierarchy, ensure that all the room types are built in Pegasus CRS.
If your property has only one room hierarchy for all dates throughout the year, then you will only need to load the Default Hierarchy.
Setting up the default room hierarchy
Navigate to Rooms > Room Hierarchy
- Set Is this Hierarchy Active? to Yes in order to activate the functionality
- Under , Select the base room type from the Base Room for Room Hierarchy drop-down list
- The Difference (+/-) option allows you to select whether the calculation should be based on a Currency amount or a Percentage
- Enter the differential values for each rooms in the hierarchy.
- Enter a minus (-) sign before the value entered, if the rate should be lower than the base room rate.
- Click Save to submit the information
You can create additional hierarchies by date range if you want to apply other differentials due to seasonality or demand.
The default hierarchy will be used on dates where there is no seasonal hierarchy specified, so it is recommended that you set up your default hierarchy with the room hierarchy that is used most often.
To set up additional room hierarchies by season or date range:
- Select Add New Hierarchy Values
- enter a date range or season in the Date Range field
- In the Apply To field, select Days of week the room hierarchy is applicable
- Enter the differential values for all rooms in the hierarchy. Please note that the same difference (by flat dollar or percentage) that you selected in your default hierarchy will apply to your seasonal hierarchies.
- Click Save to submit the information or click Cancel to discard the information